[vlc] Some directories are drwxr-xr-- (VLC Mac OS X)

steveHA at t-online.de steveHA at t-online.de
Fri Jun 22 23:02:13 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have not subscribed to this list.

In short:
Some directories are not executable for "other".

Discription:
I have downloaded vlc-0.8.6c.dmg
As admin I have copied VLC.app to the Applications folder.
I've started VLC and it works.
I've logged in as a user, but now I can not run VLC.

Diagnosis:
As admin I started the terminal.
ls -l /Applications
drwxr-xr-- VLC.app
some further subdirectories of VLC.app are not executable for others

Solution:
chmod o+x VLC.app
chmod o+x $some_subdirectories

Now I can run VLC as user.

I hope, setting some execuable flags is no security issue.

If possible, it would be nice if you "delete" my address from this mail.

Greetings
steveha

PS: Thanks for VLC in general, thanks for VLC for Mac OS X.