[vlc] Re: VLC and Vista Ultimate

Sébastien PAUSET sebastien.pauset at int-evry.fr
Sun Mar 4 10:18:03 CET 2007

Alonso Diaz a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I have been searching for an explanation for why VLC does not work in
> Microsoft Vista. I resently installed Vista Ultimate and I was unable to get
> VLC to install and run.
>
> I read in a forum that the VLC group was going to come out with a upgrade so
> VLC can adapt to Vista better. But then again, it might be Vistas fault.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has gotten VLC to work in Vista Ultimate edition
> and if so, how did you do it?
>
> Thanks
> Diaz

Hi,

I had a problem with Vista Business Edition, couldn't have any image.
I partially solved the problem changing the video output module.
I can't remember what module work (not at home) but I will send you my
parameters as soon as I can.
I said the problem is only partially solved because the working module
is far from beeing as efficient as the default one.
So this is a temporary solution.

I hope it wil help.

regards,
Sebastien PAUSET