[vlc] Re: RTSP + RTP + SDP - what does vlc expect?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 6 16:52:27 CET 2007

>I am working on a very basic RTSP server which is supposed to serve
>mpeg-4 visual simple profile stream.

I suggest using the LIVE555 server code, which already does this -
e.g., using the "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" (multicast),
"live555MediaServer" (unicast) or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (unicast)
applications.  This will save you a lot of effort.  (Plus, this
server is known to work well with VLC as a client.)

See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/> and
<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/>

>Read 155 extra bytes: v=0
>o=CSR 2890844526 2890842807 IN IP4 10.123.10.30
>s=CSR DEMO
>t=0 0
>m=video 8888 RTP/AVP 98
>a=rtpmap:98 MP4V-ES/90000
>a=fmtp:98 profile-level-id=1

At least one problem here is that your SDP description does not
contain a "c=" line.  But again, the LIVE555 server code generates
correct a SDP description automatically; you could just use that.

	Ross.