[vlc] Re: RTSP + RTP + SDP - what does vlc expect?

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Fri Mar 9 10:26:27 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:23:01 +0100, Kim Schulz <kim at schulz.dk> wrote:
[snip]

Ok I have investigated a bit further and found (by sniffing) that vlc
sends a tcpmux request to port the second server_port and then waits for a reply.
I have replied on this with +\r\n, but again after 5 seconds it sends it again.
For some reason, vlc still does not seem to "accept" that I send it data on port 8888/udp,
even though I can sniff that it actually gets the data on that particular port.

Does anyone have an idea for what I am missing here. should I send another tcpmux myself?

Does anyone have some sort of flowchart of how this is supposed to work or maybe a link/reference
to a more thorough description than the RFCs?

--
Kim Schulz