[vlc] Re: vlc stop when playing H.264 RTP stream

jogging song joggingsong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:24:27 CET 2007

I have saved the RTP payloads in file and vlc can play the file without
problem. So the RTP payloads is ok.
But when payloads are sent to vlc in RTP packets, vlc fails to play the
stream.
Now the stream consists of one I frame and 299 P frames. We find that if I
frame is repeated in the stream, vlc encounters the second
I frame and will play normally.

First, i think the sps and pps in the sdp file is different from the sps and
pps in rtp packet streams. vlc receives the sps and pps again and think the
new ones are used to update the old ones. But I review the sps and pps in
sdp file and am sure they are  correct.

And I have downloaded the vlc source code from the websites and find vlc is
very complex to understand and it is difficult to find the process for RTP
packet operations.

Thanks
jogging