[vlc] VLM's, looking for a better way

Christopher Brooks cab938 at mail.usask.ca
Fri Mar 9 21:06:59 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm recording from two separate streams, an audio (over onboard sound), a
video (haup pvr 350).  I record these all to separate files, then do some
postprocessing and mux them back together.  I'm looking to merge the video
and audio into one file, but I can't for the life of me get it to work.
Here's my VLM:

new main broadcast enabled
setup main input "dshow://"
setup main option "dshow-vdev=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture"
setup main option "dshow-video-input=2"
setup main option "dshow-adev=SoundMAX HD Audio"
setup main output
#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,acodec=mpga,vb=1048,ab=192,channels=2}:standard{acces
s=file,mux=ps,url=c:\lecturevideo.mpg}

control main play

My alternative VLM, which does work into two files, looks like this:

new main broadcast enabled

setup main input "dshow://"

setup main option "dshow-vdev=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture"

setup main option "dshow-video-input=2"

setup main option "dshow-adev=SoundMAX HD Audio"

setup main output
#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,acodec=mpga,vb=1048,ab=192,channels=2}:standard{acces
s=file,mux=ps,url=c:\lecturevideo.mpg}

new aud broadcast enabled

setup aud input "dshow://"

setup aud option "dshow-adev=SoundMAX HD Audio"

setup aud option "dshow-vdev=none"

setup aud output
#transcode{acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:standard{access=file,url=c:\lectur
eaudio.mpg}

control aud play

control main play

The messages output for these VLMS are at (http://paste.videolan.org/1511)
for the single VLM, and (http://paste.videolan.org/1512) for the VLM with
two broadcasts.  Can anyone suggest what is wrong, or where I should be
going with this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
--