[vlc] Re: help with error deciphering.

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Tue May 1 09:16:00 CEST 2007

On Tue, 01 May 2007 09:04:46 +0200, Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:

> Actually it sounds like you are sending a malformed stream to VLC. The
> timestamp is meant to increase and is used to time when a frame must be
> sent to decoder and display. VLC uses the timestamps to set and drive
> its internal clock.

So what information about a frame do I need? I know the clock freq is 90000,
and I can get the pts/dts for each frame + whatever there is to find in the codecCtx,
formatCtx and AVPacket in ffmpeg :-)
can I use any of those to calculate the timestamp.
I foundan example that used something like:
 time_stamp = (uint32_t) ((90000 * sample.dts) / AV_TIME_BASE);
bit that gives me the same errors, so I guess that this is wring too.
--
Kim Schulz