[vlc] Problems with Multicast Traffic

Arturo J. Gómez Villegas ajgv354 at tid.es
Tue May 22 13:12:52 CEST 2007

Hello:

I have the following problem in vlc 0.8.6 installed in a HOTSPOT (with
GNU/Linux).
The idea is to transmit as much traffic unicast an multicast to the
clients who connect to the HOTSPOT via wireless.
In the test of unicast I haven't had problems, but in those of multicast
the image is bad and bad synchronous between all the clients
(with the sound it happens the same). I don't know if it will be problem
of the bandwidth of the access point. Also I have reduced the
bit-rate and I continue having the same problem. As I can solve it?

When it has this solved, the following step will be to mount the
videolan server in another host and that the HOTSPOT does of gateway.
This I have proven it with unicast and works perfectly, but no for
multicast. At moment I'm not able to route traffic multicast through
the HOTSPOT. Some suggestion? All the problems, I have them with traffic
multicast.

Regards

Thanks for all, Arturo.

--