[vlc] Re: Where are he vlc_entry__$(module) terminated symbols located ?

ml ml at blas.net
Tue May 22 22:35:26 CEST 2007

Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le mardi 22 mai 2007, ml at blas.net a écrit :
>
>> I'm desesperated to find out in which dynamic library the terminated
>> vlc_entry__$(module name) are located. For example vlc_entry__theora,
>> vlc_entry__live555, vlc_entry__memcpymmx and so on.
>>

> In each dynamically-linked VLC module with the same name.

Thank you Rémi,

Oh, I had already looked at that but, and that's the point, the symbols
are not terminated even in the dynamically linked plugins.
And unless you are talking about other modules I have to say that
plugins named lib(module)_plugin.so

Example with libtheora_plugin.so :

00010910 T vlc_entry__0_9_0b
         U vlc_entry__i420_rgb_mmx
         U vlc_entry__i420_ymga_mmx
         U vlc_entry__i420_yuy2_mmx
         U vlc_entry__i422_yuy2_mmx
         U vlc_entry__live555
0005ba90 T vlc_entry__main
         U vlc_entry__memcpy3dn
         U vlc_entry__memcpymmx
         U vlc_entry__memcpymmxext
         U vlc_entry__mux_ts
         U vlc_entry__theora

Yes, there exists a libtheora library but there is no vlc_entry__
something inside it :)

Tricky isn't it ?
For the moment, I disabled the phenomienon by cancelling the modules in
the list of modules in vlc-config.
But, I'll come again about it.
Thank you,
db