[vlc] VLC installation under sid impossible

mouille at freesurf.fr mouille at freesurf.fr
Mon Nov 5 01:51:47 CET 2007

Hello,

Installing VLC under SID 2007:02 was made without any problem.

But when we passed to sid 2007:03, the 2 packages : libcdio6 and libiso9660-4
which vlc depends on became virtual after changing of version :
. libcdio6 became libcdio7
. libiso9660-4 became libiso9660-5

As the last VLC version still depends on the respective versions 6 and 4,
it's  not possible to install it by the binary packages. Perhaps by the
source, but I think it's a little bit risky to make symbolic links on
different versions of the librairies, to trick the configure script.

I tried to send an e-mail to somebody of the Videolan's and/or Sid's staff.
It's impossible to join them directly.

So, if someone has got an idea, he/she will be welcome.

Thank's for read.

JPM