[vlc] Appending series of frames in to video

John Murphy jknmurphy at woosh.co.nz
Mon Oct 15 02:18:49 CEST 2007

Hi All,
I have been writing some custom software for imaging some physics
problems and would love to create video sequences from the hi-res output
frames.
  Just out of curiousity, is there some way to use VLC's transcoding so
that I can create video from a sequence of bitmap/jpg images?
For example can I load the images, and pipe them in to VLC to get a
video file.

If not, does anyone know of other open-source software that would do this.

TIA
  John