[vlc] P2P Video Streaming

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sun Oct 28 09:02:31 CET 2007

Le Sunday 28 October 2007 09:55:42 Bastian Gerhard, vous avez écrit :
> Are there any sustainable P2P implementations of the BitTorrent protocol
> available for VLC?

Not that I am aware of. Definitely not within the official VLC tree.

I vaguely recall some Chinese (or was it Israeli?) company claimed to have
written a p2p plugin, but as far as I recall, they never came into compliance
with our copyright licensing terms, i.e. the GNU General Public License.

> How feasible would it be to roll out a simplified open-source P2P video
> client that runs on Windows, MacOSX and Linux?

Interfacing such Input/Output with VLC should be relatively easy compared with
writing a reliable real-time streaming protocol and implementation.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/