[vlc] VLC crashes with XVideo

Kloug 2000ans at free.fr
Mon Oct 29 17:11:37 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using VLC on Ubuntu Gutsy, some months ago, I encountered the error
I'll expose.

So, I'm using Gnome with Xorg and Nvidia's propriotary driver.
My xorg.conf contains 2 distincts X screens (LCD & TV).
It works fine. Just VLC crash when I launch it with XVideo output on TV.
Xorg.log say :
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation

All VLC logs are here : http://paste.videolan.org/2581

When I run :
$ export DISPLAY=:0.1 && vlc --vout xvideo --xvideo-display :0.1
text.avi && export DISPLAY=:0.0

VLC is well launched on TV screen when I do export DISPLAY, otherwise
not. I do not use compiz or else.

I really don't understand why it always crashes with XVideo.
Help !