[vlc] SPDIF audio output is skipping

Jean-Baptiste DROSS jb.dross at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 13:09:57 CET 2007

Dear all,

I am using now VLC for nearly all possible purposes and I am really happy with it. However I recently decided to use it for watching my DVD as well. I have a Sound Blaster X-FI with SPDIF output and a nice sound system, so I am used to have the software controls my amp using the SPDIF. It works fine for example with PowerDVD. VLC is able (well I assume it is Creative Drivers in fact) to detect Dolby Digital or DTS and sets my amp on the proper mode. But the sound is skipping. Whether it is a harware problem or VLC, I have no clue, but given it is working with PowerDVD, I assume the problem is lying somewhere in VLC.
Any idea how I could inquire further (switch to a debug mode, have some logs, or whatever relevant)?

Thanks in advance
JB