[vlc] VLC and Jack

Susan Dridi sjd at freeshell.org
Mon Sep 3 00:29:01 CEST 2007

Christophe Mutricy wrote:
>> Should I put the source files in a permanent directory somewhere outside
>> of my home directory? They are currently in ~/vlc.
>
> That's fine. at the end of the compilation you'll have some .deb files.
> Install them with dpkg -i *.deb  as root.
>
>> When I ran the dpkg command you sent me, I get a ton of errors, mainly
>> dependency errors, but some others too. I am completely lost:(
>
> You need to get all the build depedancies for vlc. apt-get build-dep vlc
> will do that for you.
> And you obviously need to add libjack-dev

Hi Christophe,

Okay, now when I try the dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot command,
whether as a normal user or as root, I get the following errors:

dpkg-parsechangelog: error: cannot open debian/changelog to find format:
No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package is

I already have libjack-dev at least:)

-Susan