[vlc] VCL for Asus eeePC

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 00:17:17 CEST 2008

On 05/04/2008, Stephen Murgatroyd <stephen at ergat.com> wrote:

> I have been successfully using the VCL player to view .TS (MPEG 2) files on
> PC.
> However, I now an Asus eeePC running Xandros Linux but I do not know which
> file to download as there are so many Linux options.  Also is installing a
> matter of clicking on a file & it gets on with it or do you have perform
> more techie Linux stuff?

Most Linux distributions have repositories of available software. You
can add anything you like, but the idea is that the stuff in the
repositories is usually going to work tolerably well together, or at
least not actively break each other.

Xandros has VLC 0.8.6a in its repositories. Here's the eee wiki page:

    http://wiki.eeeuser.com/addingxandrosrepos

That page is so complicated it confuses me, and I actually know this
stuff ... anyone else got a clearer writeup?

- d.