[vlc] can't use xvideo output module when xine is opened

Xavier _xavier_ at laposte.net
Sun Apr 20 09:56:04 CEST 2008

Pavlov Konstantin wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 06:03:51PM +0200, Rafaël Carré wrote:
>>
>> Le Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:17:39 +0200,
>> Xavier <_xavier_ at laposte.net> a écrit :
>>

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a little problem with video output module of vlc.
>> >
>> > If I have xine opened (but not running), vlc can't use the xvideo
>> > video output module. I have got the following messages:
>>
>> Probably a limitation of you video card X driver.
>
> +1, Intel?

My video card is an
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 9100 IGP

I'm using the xorg free driver ati.

---- from my Xorg.0.log:
(II) LoadModule: "ati"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//ati_drv.so
(II) Module ati: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.0
----

Is there a command to know the limitations/capacities of my video card X
driver ? especially the one that causes my problem ?

Is it possible that it is a hardware limitation of my video card ?

Do think upgrading my Xserver could solve this issue ?

Thanks,

Xavier