[vlc] Advance notice: VLC 0.8.6 support end

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sat Aug 2 08:52:34 CEST 2008

	Hello,

VLC 0.9.0 will be out real soon now, and the development branch 0.9.1 will be
kicked off as well. Because the VLC developpers do not have the resources to
maintain three different versions at a time, we are sorry to inform everyone
that security and critical bug fixes support for VLC version 0.8.6 is about
to end.

Once VLC 0.9.0 is officially released, no new official revision of 0.8.6 will
be made. We understand this may be a problem to certain users, but we simply
have no other sane option considering our available resources (or lack
thereof).

Best regards,

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont