[vlc] bug in VLC 0.9x - crashing playback with streaming

Martin martin at volyne.cz
Mon Dec 1 10:39:35 CET 2008

Hello,
I am movieplayer's developer for Dreambox satelite firmware (Pli team). I have problem with streaming from VLC 0.9x into dream, because in version 0.9x is there bug. Version 0.86 was ok ( there was little bug, but it was possible solve ) . VLC is run with parameter  --intf wxwin --extraintf=http

Version 0.9x crashed always, if i try playback 3rd file ( only, if is streaming with "sout=...").

How works Movieplayer: - each selected file from list in movieplayer is send to playlist in VLC, played, removed.

my sequencions for one playback:
stop  ( if VLC playback - stop it )
empty (empty playlist )
sout = ......  send parameter for streaming (bitrate, subtitle yes/no, sync yes/no, ts,  ... etc ... ) - for each file type it can be different
add mrl - added file mrl into playlist
play  - run playback = streaming

PROBLEM (BUG):
I can playback only 2 file. If i starting 3rd sequention, after PLAY command VLC0.9x always crashing  - libvlccore.dll

I tried it without "sout" parameter => ( was not streamed ofcourse, was only played on PC) and there is all ok.
=> must be bug in playback and streaming.

Can be repaired in near time ? I cannot finished Movieplayer for 0.9x still. I tried 0.97 from 30.12.2008 and same.

( Note: I tried 1.0 too - there is not possible run VLC with --intf wxwin --extraintf=http - VLC dont start. If i set http in VLC, next start was impossible. Bad news for me... )

Best regards
Martin S. (ims)