[vlc] Downloaded 9.8a but get request to update from 9.8 to 9.8a - why?

Pelz Auto pelzauto at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 08:36:15 CET 2008

Thank you for the hard work you've done, VLC.
I downloaded VLC 9.8a from the Mac OS X for Intel link, opened up VLC media
player and a moment later the system is requesting that I download an update
to 9.8a : "This version of VLC is outdated.  The current release is 0.9.8a."

Why am I asked to immediately download an update to 9.8a when I used your
website's link to 9.8a?  Because I'm not sure of why this is happening, I'm
hesitant to download this 'update'.

Please explain.

Thank you,
Bob