[vlc] VideoLan eBay Shenanigans

Annajiat Rasel annajiat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:05:14 CET 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 6:39 PM, Tim Stamp <TIMSTAMP at uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> Just wondering, I didn't think you would be trying to sell copies of your
> player on eBay....
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DVD-MP3-MP4-VCD-more-VIDEO-MUSIC-DECODER-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ220188796875QQihZ012QQcategoryZ68258QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Regards,
> Tim Stamp
>
> Ext: 248226
> Direct: 01962 818226
> Tim Stamp/UK/IBM at IBMGB
> IBM Innovation Centres for Business Partners
> http://www.ibm.com/partnerworld/iic

I don't think it was VLC ppl. Previously I've seen ppl who try to sell FOSS
products taking advantage of ppl's lack of exploration. I believe best thing
to do is to notify all 3 parties.

   1. To VLC that some ppl are trying to sell your free software
   2. To hosting site, in this case, ebay and report both occurrence
   (selling) and person (seller)
   3. To seller, warning that we, the current VLC users won't allow
   him/her to cheat on potential/future VLC users.

Regards,
Annajiat Alim Rasel
BRAC University Computer Club (BUCC)