[vlc] Urgent Help needed.

Javier Gálvez Guerrero dulceangustia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:39:30 CET 2008

Hi,

As far as I know, VLM telnet interface does not work properly under Windows
systems (checked in Windows XP SP2 and Vista Ultimate). Under Ubuntu Linux
7.04 it works perfectly.

I am developing an IPTV demonstrator as well and I tried configuring VLC
telnet interface and connect to it with the Windows telnet and Putty clients
with no success (the connection was automatically closed when I type "telnet
IP PORT").
By the way, when configuring the VLM telnet interface, you have to type the
vlc --ttl 12 ... command and then CONNECT to the telnet interface as said
before (telnet IP PORT). Notice that the default VLC telnet interface port
is configured as 4212, you can change it anyway. If you can connect to this
interface, then you will be able to type the password (videolan in your
case) and then write your commands in order to add VOD or scheduled videos.

Check if you can connect to the telnet interface and tell us.

Regards,
Javi