[vlc] Movie alphamask with another movie

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Fri Jan 18 20:50:39 CET 2008

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008, Alex Suter wrote:
> I thought I'd try one more time before going off to write my own.
>
> Has anyone tried creating a filter that uses one movie as an alphamask
> for another? It seems related to the logo code that's in there, or perhaps
> the code to display multiple streams together.
>
> Any advice on how to code it would  be most welcome.

That sounds exactly like the mosaic plugin. (see
http://wiki.videolan.org/Mosaic )

Mosaic input items can use specific filters including one called
"alphamask". It only supports png images as input for the time being but
it wouldn't be too hard to change that to using another movie stream.

Could you please be a bit more precise with what you want to acheive so
I can be a bit more specific? (Documentation on all that mosaic stuff is
kind of sparse ... it's mainly in the svn commit messages)

Regards,

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea