[vlc] Streaming question about this project

amanda webb amanda.rose21 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:37:26 CEST 2008

Hi there,
My name is Amanda, I'm a multimedia design/developer out of
Chicago-I've been working on a video site for a client of mine, and am
running into issues that i think your project may be able to solve for
me.

This is a video portfolio site, which is displaying over 30 videos of
somewhat high quality. The problem is that i'm currently using a flash
video system to dynamically call these videos up, they are streaming,
which causes them to play sporadically on our godaddy server. Client's
not happy with this-so we testing a quicktime embedding system now,
which produces cross browser issues (of course!) He doesn't want to
pay for a dedicated server -which would allow the streaming flash
videos to run perfectly, so we are trying to find a happy, less
expensive compromise for him.

I'm wondering if your project would do the trick...Could you give me
some more details as to how your system works, and maybe take a look
at this and tell me if you think you are what i need?

http://www.whiskeybender.com/videos.html

Thank you so much!

--
Amanda