[vlc] VLC VOD Server support for HTTP

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Jun 24 20:06:19 CEST 2008

	Hello,

Le mardi 24 juin 2008 18:31:35 sanathkumar, vous avez écrit :
>     Is VLC support VOD over HTTP protocol ?
>     We tried it with command line options and having a configuration file

No, and we are not very interested in reinventing the Apache HTTP server.

>     How ever streaming was working only with RTSP

RTSP has some features, such as time-based seeking and SDP description where
it makes sense to have a media stack such as VLC. HTTP is just about serving
files from disk.

>     Hope there is some way of achiving this ?

Use your favorite HTTP server.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/