[vlc] VLC as jpeg viewer?

Brett Granger bgranger at verivue.com
Thu May 15 16:41:02 CEST 2008

I realize that this is not VLC's primary usage, but VLC is capable of
displaying jpeg images...  However, if I simply use the command line
seconds, and then blank the window as it moves on to the next item in
the playlist, which is nothing.

Is there a way to get VLC to display a jpeg and then keep it up for a
specified period of time?  Something like vlc:pause would make sense,
except the vlc:pause is the period of time between items in the playlist...

Thanks for any thoughts,
--Brett