[vlc] Problem With VLC Audio/Video of John McCain at Wikipedia

Andrew Hyman andrewthyman at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:34:08 CEST 2008

To VideoLAN:

I am a volunteer editor at Wikipedia.  In particular, I have been editing
the Wikipedia article about John
McCain<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain>.
I recently added a VLS audio/video to that Wikipedia article.  The video is
fine, but the audio only seems to work when I run VLC(Activex), and not when
I run Cortado(Java) or QuickTime (ActiveX). Any idea what the problem is, or
how it can be fixed?

This audio/video is available in RAM format, from the U.S. Government,
here<http://src.senate.gov/public/_files/television/mccain_feb14.ram>.
converted it into ogg, and upoaded to Wikimedia,
here<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Jsm14Feb2007.ogg>.
But unfortunately (as I described above) the ogg doesn't seem to be working
properly.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sincerely,

Andrew Hyman