[vlc] Bookmarking video problem

Adrian Lee dark_musashi81 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 03:57:03 CEST 2008

Hi everyone. Does anyone have knowledge of using the bookmarking command? I can't seem to play the bookmark from vlc.Below is the command which I've used to play a movie clip.

vlc --key-quit='ESC' --volume=5 --key-set-bookmark1='w'--key-play-bookmark1='q' /root/Desktop/movie.wmv vlc:quit
The 'set bookmark key' is working properly, but I can't seem to play the bookmark with the keypress 'q'.What is causing this problem? Please enlighten me on this issue.
I've posted a similar topic in VLC forum, but no one seem to know how to solve it.
Thanks in advance.I'm using VLC media player 0.8.6a on Fedora Core 6 system.