[vlc] VLC with DIRECTFB; missing directfb.h

Darren Di Cera lsandsdd at iinet.com.au
Mon May 26 03:41:40 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am attempting to compile VLC 0.8.6f from source with directfb for running
vlc as a player on a non-x system. When doing so I get a compile error for
directfb.c unable to find directfb.h.

I have run configure/make for DirectFB 1.1.1 without any problems but did
not run make install.

I am setting the enable option for directfb and specifying the path to the
location of the directfb source files when running the vlc configure option.
Configure is passing.

When I run vlc make I get the unable to find directfb.h file.

I have googled and found a couple of patch files for configure.ac that say
address this issue but the latest path I see was for VLC 0.8.6c.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Darren