[vlc] VLC_subs_error.doc

Zdenek Foukal zdenek.foukal at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 2 14:14:21 CET 2008

Hello,

first I would like to thank you for great software you developed, I have
been using it for several years already.

I was glad to see new version (4.2.1), but I have encountered one quite big
problem/bug with subtitles.

I am using Czech language and often subtitles in srt files.
If such file has two lines, the beginning letter of second row/line if
starting with specific czech letter with diacritics is missing.

So in attachment is the screen shot of srt file, with two lines and
beginning of second line with word "ze" where z is with diacritics. Such "z"
letter with hook is missing when displaying in VLC. Applies for other
letters with diacritics, only if beginning second line.
Was not in previous versions (4.1.) only in the latest one.

I am not able to capture the screen with subtitles.

Hope you will be able to fix it in next versions.

Regards,
Zdenek

Checked by AVG.
19:56