[vlc] Cannot open RTSP addresses

Neil Bertram neil at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Nov 23 21:43:36 CET 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> This is the error that I get when attempting to open RTSP addresses:
> [00000414] main access error: no access module matched "rtsp"
>
> This is on Kubuntu 8.04 with VLC 0.9.2

That error is normal. Are you using a standard build of VLC or did you
build it yourself? Have you tried forcing RTSP-over-TCP (required
usually if you're behind NAT) by adding
  --rtsp-tcp
to the arguments? (although VLC 0.9.x falls back automatically).

Also, start VLC with increased verbosity (-v or -vv or -vvv) to see if
you can see any extra error messages.

If --rtsp-tcp fails, maybe paste the output with -vv so we can help
diagnose the problem.

Neil