[vlc] Problem toggling fullscreen

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Oct 5 19:35:33 CEST 2008

Le dimanche 5 octobre 2008 20:27:15 John Oliver, vous avez écrit :
> Any idea when 0.9.4 will be available for Windows?  0.9.2 is the latest
> according to the download page.  I saw something about a "lack of
> maintainers" for Windows packages... what is required for someone to be
> able to build Windows binaries / installers?

Building them is just a matter of time for any C and Unix-literate geek.
But - that is not the problem.

The issue is with _maintaining_ the software. Fixing build failures and
Windows-specific crashes in the underlying libraries, updating the
Windows-specific plugins and support, triaging and fixing Windows bugs.

Even I can build VLC 0.9.3 or 0.9.4 for Windows. But I would probably have to
drop some critical plugins, and most importantly, I would not be able to do
any sane Quality Assurance. Ultimately, that's where the problem is.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary