[vlc] MP4and MP4a Preference

Sharon hinsha at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 7 17:22:23 CEST 2008

I Have looked everywhere on your site and cannot find any answer to this
question.

In older versions of VLC Media Player you were able to set preferences for
the files that VLC should play. For example AVI, WMV etc. I am at a loss to
find this in the newest version of your player and I am wondering if this is
still possible to do. As I would like to have VLC play QuickTime and iTunes
type files exclusively.

Can you please advise as soon as you can.

I am using windows XP with service pack 3 installed.

I can get these files to play but I have to open the program VLC media
player, I would like to be able to just click on the file and have it
automatically open in vlc,  like you can for wmv files, which automatically
opens in windows media player.

I hope this makes sense as I m writing  to you in the wee small hours of
morning.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Yours faithfully

Sharon Hinks