[vlc] Streaming issue with Apple encoded MPEG4 file

Gowri Subramaniam gowhri at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 07:42:41 CEST 2008

Dear All

Thank you all for the excellent work being done. I have a question regarding streaming of MP4 file created using Apple.

I have faced no issues streaming the same file once I transcode the same using VLC.

But when I stream the Apple encoded file using vlc, I recieve only the audio but no video.

I have attached the -vvv outputs of both the streamed files.

apple-clip - output of the Apple encoded file
vlc-trans-clip - output of the vlc transcoded file

Please help. I am unable to figure it out.

Warm Regards

Gowri S