[vlc] --start-time doesn't work with local files

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:36:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

Could anyone check if starting to play a local file with the --start-time
option works, please? I've been trying with 0.9.4, 0.9.3 and 0.9.0-test 3
and neither of them work for local files while playing RTSP streams with
this option works properly. I've tried it also with 0.8.6e and it works
nicely with local files, so I can't understand why it doesn't work with
newer releases and it does with RTSP streams. --run-time and --stop-time
options WORK but --start-time doesn't.

I try:

$ vlc /path/to/local/file --start-time 30  <--- fail
$ vlc /path/to/local/file --run-time 30 <----works
$ vlc /path/to/local/file --stop-time 30 <----works
$ vlc rstp://ip:port/id --start-time 30 <--- works

Thanks,
Javi