[vlc] How to reduce VLC's size?

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Oct 19 10:22:49 CEST 2008

Le dimanche 19 octobre 2008 11:01:12 Mohamed AbdElwahed, vous avez écrit :
> i disabled all unneeded modules during configuration, but still the vlc
> executable size is 10.6 MB which is too large.

The only "disablable" features of the run-time are sout, http and vlm.

Then again, I have 6kb for the executable and 807kb for the run-time
(stripped) with all of those three enabled.

> also i should include the
> "Modules" folder when i want to run the vlc executable as a standalone
> binary, how i can use only vlc executable without the need for any other
> folders, note that i configured to static linking but still Modules folder
> still needed to run vlc executable. here is My configuration command

This is not supported. It will NOT work.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary