[vlc] 0.9.4 and raw1394

Václav Koldus vaclav.koldus at avpark.cz
Fri Oct 24 23:45:34 CEST 2008

Jean-Paul Saman napsal(a):
> Václav Koldus wrote:
>
>> Jean-Paul Saman napsal(a):
>>
>>> Václav Koldus wrote:
>>>
>> I've just noticed something strange. Syslog gives this message:
>> raw1394: old iso ABI has been removed.
>> does it mean that dv access/demux module could be using some deprecated
>> API functions? If it does, is someone working on update? If not I suppose
>> I could try to do that sometimes next week, I really need that one working.
>>
>> thanks for any info.
>>

> Ok, ArchLinux also uses the new rawdv API. Fedora 8/9 has the same
> problem. The dv module still uses the old.
>
> I have been looking into this problem and think it is just a matter of
> changing about 4 functions. Please sent a patch if you get around to it,
> before I do.
>
> Gtz
> Jean-Paul Saman.

In fact I don't know about the new rawdv API in ArchLinux, in fact I
compiled most of dependencies
myself from newest sources because I'm trying to build lightweight yet
stable system and I want to
be able to tweak build configurations. Anyway that's the problem
obviously. Let's see who gets around
to it first :) If it's me, I'll send the patch allright.

Thanks for your help.

V.K.