[vlc] VLC 0.8.6 end of support

hannes_b at gmx.at hannes_b at gmx.at
Mon Sep 1 21:16:28 CEST 2008

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le lundi 1 septembre 2008 21:38:19 hannes_b at gmx.at, vous avez écrit :
>> 2) call for windows and other porters on the website, to make the source to
>> a binary.
>
> You know, we can do that. The problem is in getting a USABLE binary, i.e.
> fixing bugs.

this i included nonwritten in my suggestions. but you dont come arround of calling for developers to a bigger audience. the official release of 0.9 is a big enough attention maker that you can spread it widely. take the 0.9.2 crishenko version for windows, it is usable on windows xp, on vista i dont know as i dont have it. listening to shoutcast audio and tv streams works. playing different video formats works.

http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Builds/0.9.2-test/ from 01-Sep-2008 19:11 15M

so in my eyes it is usable. (yes it should be improved in future versions)

:)