[vlc] VLC 0.9 Mozilla plugin

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Mon Sep 15 13:25:18 CEST 2008

anthony loiseau wrote:
> The mozilla-plugin file is named "libvlcplugin.so" for linux.
>
> If you compile VLC yourself, be aware that default prefix is /usr/local
> so the plugin can be installed in /usr/local/lib/mozilla/plugins for
> example. In this case, you will have to copy it (or symlink)
> to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for your web browser to find it.
>
> _anthony

I compiled VLC 0.9 on two different RHEL5 machines, one x86 and one x86_64.
I did not specify any special configure parameters, but compilation of VLC
plugin for Mozilla should be enabled by default (according to configure
--help).

I have no file libvlcplugin.so anywhere on any of those two systems.

Are there any special parameters one has to enable during configure to get
the plugin to compile?

Thanks
Frank

--