[vlc] VLC 0.9.2 bug: Mozilla plugin is not recognized by 64-bit Firefox 3.0.1

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Tue Sep 16 16:54:49 CEST 2008

Christophe Mutricy wrote:
> 2> Could the problem be that 'make install' loads VLC libraries into
>> /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/local/lib64 on a x86_64 machine?
>
> It could.
>
> Does vlc runs normally ?

Yes.

> does ldd -r libvlcplugin.so complain about unresolved symbols ?

It was confused with lib and lib64.  I modified /etc/ld.so.conf.d and now
it does not complain any more.

> is your libvlc in a place ld looks for and have you rerun ldconfig ?

Yes.  However, I found that I had one xmms package missing
(libxmms.so.1.3.1 missing).

I'll try to recompile the plugin and will report back.

Thanks for your pointers, it helped to get me out of the corner I boxed
myself into.

Cheers
Frank

--