[vlc] bug report : playback video_ts with auto loop

Mateo Simon mateo.simon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:17:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

Here's the problem :

VLC version used : the latest (0.9.9) > Fresh Install
Os : Windows XP (SP1, SP2 ... I've tested on 3 computers from a very
old one to a C2D/4Go ram) < no problem on debian or Osx, it appends
only on WinXP.
Media : a VIDEO_TS folder on the hdd (see below)

Problem :
The video freeze after 5 loops. The sound remains ok.
It appends every time.

Usage :
Displaying videos during an exhibition.
The dvd is not burned on dvdr but played from hdd.

About VLC config :
fullscreen : yes
everything else : default
I'm sorry i didn't try the renderer directx or openGL.

About the authoring of the video_ts folder :
- short video (3 minutes)
- standard mpeg 2
- pcm sound
- AUTOLOOP at the end of the dvd
- no problem if the dvd is burned and played with a dvd player.

Best regards,
Mateo.