[vlc] http stream, other possibilities to display it than vlc, jvlc

blood_on_ice peach_wyss at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 08:34:52 CEST 2009

hello

We serve a http-stream (video) on our vlc-streaming server the following
way:

Code: Select all
    show
        media : ( 1 broadcast - 0 vod )
            test
                type : broadcast
                enabled : yes
                loop : yes
                inputs
                    1 : test.mpg
                output : #standard{access=http,mux=ogg,url=
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080}
                options
                instances
                    instance
                        name : default
                        state : playing
                        position : 0.558420
                        time : 40457089
                        length : 70308000
                        rate : 1000
                        title : 0
                        chapter : 0
                        seekable : 1 vlc
                        playlistindex : 1
        schedule

We can get and display the stream with and vlc-player and inside java with
the help of jvlc...We want to build a java-player inside sun's wonderland
and because of a wonderland-restriction (we cannot use canvas, which jvlc
makes use of) the use of jvlc is not possible for us.

Know we are searching for other solutions to get our vlc-streaming-server
http stream displayed in a Java Player (on a jPanel). Is it possible to get
and display the vlc http stream with something other than vlc-player or the
jvlc player? Is it maybe possible to get the stream and display it with the
newly developed JavaFX?

Thanks for your help.
Pete