[vlc] VLC cutting out video during playback

Bruce W. Darby kracor at comcast.net
Sun Aug 2 15:57:18 CEST 2009

I had posted about this issue during the RC4 of version 1.0.0. This issue is
still prevalent in version 1.0.1.  While playing back a DVD containing an
interleaved version of the movie Fellowship of the Rings, roughly 20 seconds
of the movie is being clipped by vlc.  I have posted files on my personal
web pages for download to demonstrate the issue, but have heard nothing on
whether anyone was able to download said files to fix this issue. While this
is most likely a small issue for most, this is a huge issue for me as it
makes your software totally useless.