[vlc] VLC Media Player - small problem

Ron Hirsch ronhirsch1439 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 8 19:20:43 CEST 2009

Hi Vic,

First I want to thank you for your VLC player. I started using it some years ago, when I couldn't stand all the hassles and problems with QuickTime.

There is one small "problem" in VLC, which I can't explain. I am an advanced user running XP Pro, on a high end machine (when I built it in 2006, it was <G>). This problem has been visible ever since I first started using VLC.

When when playing MOV files, the general appearance of the VLC window has a slightly magenta cast to it. When playing the same files in Adobe Media Player or Media Player Classic, the cast disappears, and gray areas are gray with no cast.

Since I view many Photoshop "how to" videos, it has some impact on viewing the activities there.

This was the case with my earlier version of VLC, as well as the latest 1.0.1 version. Obviously this is not a serious problem, but just a small distraction. Can you suggest what the cause might be for this?

If you would like I'd be happy to capture the screens in question, and paste them into an e-mail so that what I am relating might be easier to see.

Thanks again -

Ron Hirsch