[vlc] Windows Right Button Context Menu problem

Roger Burchett rogerburchett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 14 07:00:54 CEST 2009

I have been using VLC Media Player ver. 0.8.6i Janus (wxWigets
Interface) for about 1 year.
My computer is a Dell Latitude D600 with an Intel Pentium M processor
and 1GB Ram.
I am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 Build 2600.

Recently, a command *'Add to VLC Media Player's Playlist' *has appeared
at the top of the mouse Right-Button Context menu list in bold type.

Whenever I double click on a folder containing Video or audio files, the
contents of the folder automatically loads into VLC Media Player, and
begins playing.
Whenever I double click on any folder which does not contain media
files, VLC Media player opens after a long delay, and exhibits an error
message.

I do not know what I did to cause this automatic feature to become
active, and I am unable to disable it. It started after I installed NI
Labview software, but not immediately after.

I would prefer to return to the normal behavior of the mouse, where a
double-click on a folder simply opens it.

I tried using the Windows Restore function, and removed NI Labview, but
the problem remains unchanged. I have searched the web, and have found
some similar problems addessed by editing the Windows Registry, but I
hesitate to try this without clear specific instructions.

Can you tell me how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Roger Burchett