[vlc] Capturing event on vlcwidget

Sajith VK sajithvk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:43:01 CEST 2009

Dear All,
I tried modifying the vlc mozilla plug-in source code, to add
""--vout-event=3" option, and recompiled the code. Everything
worked fine, when I double click on the video, the video is not
switching to full screen mode. It tell's me that vlc is not capturing
that event now.

However, even now I am unable to capture those events through
Javascript. I tried onclick event on the <embed> object, but
this is not getting fired.

Anybody could capture the mouse events on the vlc plugin through
java-script?

Later, I found that if I click on the embed object before loading the video
to play-list, it is showing "Waiting for the video". That means, the plugin
is still capturing the event even-after "vout-event=3".

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Sajith VK
Change the rules, or the rules will change you :Kumaranasan