[vlc] One question about using VLC media player open source

hideo_lin at novatek.com.tw hideo_lin at novatek.com.tw
Fri Aug 21 15:31:08 CEST 2009

Dear Sirs/Madams,

This is Hideo Lin from Novatek, a DSC chip vendor. Our 3rd party would like to use the VLC media player on Mac OS X in their application software, and I saw the FAQ (http://www.videolan.org/support/faq.php <http://www.videolan.org/support/faq.php> ) describes

if you plan to distribute the latest binary version of VLC on a DVD-ROM, you should also include the VLC source code <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html>  and the source code for the underlying included libraries on the same media.

But I am not sure, do they need only to share the VLC related source codes (original source or modifications) on their installation CD-ROM, or should they open whole source codes of the application software?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Hideo Lin

*****************  Novatek Email Confidentiality Notice *****************
The information contained in this electronic communication, and any electronic attachments, is confidential or legally privileged and may be subject to protection under the law. It is intended only for the named recipient above. If you have received this communication in error, or are not the named recipient, please immediately notify the sender via reply email and delete this communication from your computer system, and destroy all copies of this communication along with any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.

Copyright Novatek 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved