[vlc] VLC for MacOSX, Crash

Kevin Hubbard khubbard390 at msn.com
Sat Aug 29 18:58:44 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I do not participate in Forums, so I have chosen this email address to advise
you that the most current 0.9.10, as well as many previous editions, all fail
with the same symptoms (video starts, black screen, audio OK, then crash)
on my iBook (600 Mhz PPC G3, 640MB, model "16VRAM", running 10.4.11).

This seems to apply to all video clips, and not dependant on the container
type nor the codecs.

Same failure with both the PowerPC and Universal Binary versions.

Clips play fine in QuickTime 7.6.2 + Flip4Mac 2.1.3.10 + Perian 1.1.4

I have uploaded crash reports and sample clip to my webspace, found at:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/khubbard390/

Please do not take offence with the obviously pro-american military stance
of that sample clip. It does not reflect my personal taste, nor anyone else
I know of here in Canada. But it is dramatic ...

Thanks ... Kevin