[vlc] Very slow image when subtitles activated

fm53 at free.fr fm53 at free.fr
Fri Dec 4 15:43:12 CET 2009

Hello,

I've just downloaded the latest version of VLC, and I am eencountering a problem : when I put some subtitles to read with a standard (no HD) video file, the image becomes very slow, like if the image rate per second was reduced.
It does that for every video : it works fine without subtitles, but becomes very slow with them.

The problem doesn't come from the power of my laptop because I have a quite powerful one (HP DV5 1123ef) and it worked with the previous version on VLC that I had in portable version.
Furthermore, I can run some recent games like Crysis or Prototype without any problem.

Have you got any idea where the problem is ?

Thanks !

Florian