[vlc] Show all MP3 tag data?

PK djc at resiak.org
Mon Dec 14 15:29:59 CET 2009

Playing an MP3 audio with vlc, is there some way to display *all* its tag
data?  The "Media Information" is often incomplete and, in some cases,
wrong.  I base this on comparing with information found by some other
programs or visible in a readable dump of the file.

Perhaps I've just missed how to do this.  Or is it not a design goal?  I
can live with that, but I'd like it confirmed.  (I'd also like to be able
to change audio tag information from within vlc, but that asks a lot,
doesn't it?)

Incidentally, the two most comprehensive MP3 tag displayers I know under
Windows are Tag.exe for the command line, and kid3 for a GUI.

Pete